Sunday, June 10, 2012

Finished up some lures

I worked hard last week to get the new lures ready for the fishing derby. I ended up completing all the pike baits and a few of the jerk baits. Here are some pics.

I had taped the lure lips while painting to mask them off but I forgot to change the tape before finishing, so the paint got stuck on all of the lures. That added some difficultly when unmasking and the paint ended up coming off one of the lures, as seen above. Oh well, next time I'll remember to take it off first.

I tried them all out on Friday and the action in the lures were awesome. Only one of the lures didn't work. The top water on the far right with the perch pattern doesn't seem to have enough weight in the belly so it just flops over on its side when in the water. I'll have to add some more weight and give it a shot.

Fished with them off and on in the derby, but came up empty handed with the new lures. Although, I did end up finishing tied for 9th, so that's alright considering it was really windy and raining all day long. A tough day of fishing.

2 comments:

  1. Very interesting blog! Nice bait you do, welcome to my blog about creating lures. And I forgot, too bad you can not follow your blog: (

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I added the button so that you can follow my blog. I'll post some updates soon when I get time to make some new lures! Stay tuned!

      Delete