Tuesday, April 10, 2012

STORM Kickin' Stick Blanks

Decided to try making a new lure today. While I was at Canadian Tire the other week I saw a Storm Kickin' Stick that caught my eye so I took a couple pictures of the lure and went from there. 

STROM Kickin' Stick

I ended up scaling the measurements from the pictures so that a 5" lure would have the right proportions. From the measurements I sketched out a pattern, traced it on some wood and cut out the shapes. The scrap piece of wood that I had lying around ended up being thick enough to accomodate 2 of the same lure. So I cut out the side profile of the bait and then cut the piece in half lengthwise so that I ended up with two lure blanks. Then, I traced out the top pattern and cut it out. The lure blank I ended up with is shown below. 



Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

They both need some sanding and shaping, but I'll leave that for another day.


No comments:

Post a Comment