Saturday, April 28, 2012

Homemade lure spinner/dryer


I built a lure dryer today. I used an old turntable motor from a microwave (6 rpm) and wired it up with a power cord and a 1A inline fuse. The drying motor is needed because the epoxy coating (Envirotex Lite) that I used to seal the lures will sag if they aren't in constant rotation while drying. 

I also sealed the first 5 lures that I have made over the last couple of weeks to try out the new dryer and the epoxy coating. The dryer seems to be working pretty good right now, a little out of balance because the lures are different sizes but it should be ok for now. Once these lures dry for the next 24 hours, then I will begin painting the lures! 
Dryer front view
The only thing I will end up changing on the lure dryer is adding a power switch. I found it pretty annoying to have to unplug the dryer every time I wanted to add another lure onto the dryer. Adding on a switch should be an easy fix. 

No comments:

Post a Comment