Sunday, April 15, 2012

Started assembling some cranks

I have started some assembly of a few lures now that I have received all of my ordered lure parts. I glued in the lips on a couple of the shad raps and put the prop on the skitter prop. I also added an 1/8 oz egg sinker to the belly hook on the shad raps so that the lure won't float as much and so it will remain upright in the water. Glued everything together with 5 minute 2 part epoxy and filled all the holes and gaps up with some wood filler. Below are some pictures of the assembled lures.


Top: Shap Rap
Bottom: Skitter Prop

Assembling the kickin stick is a pain because I can't glue in all of the screw eyes yet since it will have to be assembled after it has been painted.


I also made a quick drying rack out of some scraps so that I could hang the lures while the epoxy was drying.



I ended up picking up a whole bunch of pieces of pine and cedar and some polycarbonate and circuit board material on friday so I'm all set to start making a lot lot of crankbaits.
Now I'm just waiting on my airbrush to arrive in the mail an for a suitable compressor to go on sale.

1 comment: